Lewis RV Blog
- 0 0Published on Jan 19, 2014
With the Super Bowl fast approaching, we are gearing up for not only the game but the delicious snacks that accompany it. Sure you can take the easy, traditional route and order in for Pizza, but why not try pizza with a twist. We call it the Big Game Pizza Ball! It's a mixture of the taste of pizza in the style of chips and party dip. Here's how you can make your own:
Big Game Pizza Ball
- 24 ounces shredded mozzarella
- 1 pound cream cheese, softened
- 7 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 6 ounces tomato sauce
- 4 ounces pepperoni, sliced thin
- Pitas, cut in to points, lightly toasted
- In a food processor or blender, pulse everything except the tomato sauce, sliced pepperoni and pita, scraping the sides to ensure even mixing.
- Remove and shape the mass as you'd like. Make some wells on top to put the tomato sauce in.
- Shingle the pepperoni around the outside until completely covered.
- Serve with the cut up pitas toasts
The Big Game Pizza Ball is a great spin on your traditional pepperoni pizza. Good to enjoy in the comforts of your own RV or at a party while watching the big game.